As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Looking for an old-fashioned pecan tassie recipe? This classic Southern dessert features a cream cheese crust filled with delicious pecan goodness.
Whether you’re a seasoned baker or just starting out, this recipe is easy to make and perfect for sharing. Get ready to impress your friends and family with these bite-sized treats that are sure to please any pecan lover. So, let’s get baking and indulge in the homemade goodness of these nostalgic pecan tassies.
What Is A Pecan Tassie?
A Pecan Tassie is a miniature tart or pie filled with delicious pecans or other flavors. This Old Fashioned Pecan Tassie recipe is easy to make and perfect for sharing.
Definition Of A Pecan Tassie As A Miniature Tart Or Pie
A pecan tassie is a delightful treat that can be best described as a miniature tart or pie. The word “tassie” originates from Scotland and means “miniature cup.” When it comes to baking, a tassie refers to a small cup made of dough that is filled with a delicious mixture, such as pecans, lemon, chocolate, or even pumpkin during the fall season.
The Origin Of The Word “tassie” From Scotland
The word “tassie” comes from Scotland and holds the meaning of a miniature cup. In baking, a tassie refers to a small cup made of dough that is filled with various delectable fillings. This term perfectly encapsulates the essence of a pecan tassie, which is a petite dessert resembling a tart or pie. With its Scottish roots, the name “tassie” adds a touch of cultural heritage to this delightful treat.
Ingredients For Old Fashioned Pecan Tassie Recipe
When it comes to making delicious and mouthwatering Old Fashioned Pecan Tassies, it is important to have the right ingredients on hand. The combination of cream cheese, brown sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla extract is what gives these tassies their rich and decadent flavor. Let’s take a closer look at the list of ingredients required for this delightful recipe:
List Of Ingredients Required For The Recipe:
- Cream cheese: 1 cup
- Brown sugar: 1 cup
- Butter: 1/2 cup (softened)
- Eggs: 2 large
- Vanilla extract: 1 teaspoon
These ingredients work together to create the perfect balance of flavors in every bite. The cream cheese adds a creamy and tangy element, while the brown sugar provides a rich and caramel-like sweetness. The butter adds a buttery and melt-in-your-mouth texture, while the eggs help to bind everything together. Lastly, the vanilla extract enhances the overall taste with its warm and aromatic flavor.
Now that we have our ingredients ready, it’s time to move on to the next step: the preparation and assembly of the Old Fashioned Pecan Tassies.
Step-by-step Instructions For Making Old Fashioned Pecan Tassies
Learn how to make old fashioned pecan tassies with this step-by-step recipe. These delicious bite-sized treats are easy to make and perfect for sharing with family and friends.
Detailed Instructions On How To Prepare The DoughTo start making your delicious Old Fashioned Pecan Tassies, you’ll first need to prepare the dough. Follow these step-by-step instructions to get it just right:
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, brown sugar, and butter.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the mixture until it becomes light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg, vanilla extract, and a pinch of sea salt.
- Continue to mix until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Slowly add in the all-purpose flour, mixing until a soft and pliable dough forms.
- Once the dough is ready, wrap it in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow it to firm up.
Detailed Instructions On How To Prepare The Pecan FillingAfter the dough has chilled, it’s time to move on to preparing the pecan filling. Follow these simple steps:
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat together eggs, brown sugar, melted butter, vanilla extract, and a pinch of sea salt.
- Keep mixing until all the ingredients are well combined and the mixture becomes smooth.
- Next, add in the pecans and stir until they are evenly coated in the filling.
Assembling And Baking The Pecan TassiesNow that both the dough and pecan filling are ready, it’s time to bring them together and bake the perfect Old Fashioned Pecan Tassies. Follow these final steps:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and lightly grease a mini-muffin tin.
- Take the chilled dough out of the refrigerator and form it into small balls, about 1 inch in diameter.
- Place each dough ball into a well of the mini-muffin tin.
- Using your fingers or a tart tamper, press the dough into the bottom and sides of each well, creating a mini tart shell.
- Once all the wells are lined with dough, spoon a small amount of the pecan filling into each one.
- Bake the pecan tassies for 15-18 minutes, or until the filling is set and the crust has golden edges.
- Remove the tin from the oven and allow the pecan tassies to cool for a few minutes in the pan.
- Gently remove them from the tin and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before serving.
Tips And Tricks For Perfect Pecan Tassies
Discover the perfect pecan tassies with this old fashioned recipe. With a delicious cream cheese crust and a sweet pecan filling, these mini tarts are sure to impress.
Suggestions For Achieving The Perfect Texture And Flavor
When it comes to making the perfect pecan tassies, following these suggestions will ensure you achieve the desired texture and flavor every time.
- Start with the right crust: Using a cream cheese crust will give your pecan tassies a rich and tender texture. The cream cheese adds moisture and richness to the dough, resulting in a buttery and flaky crust.
- Don’t skimp on the pecans: Pecans are the star of the show in pecan tassies, so make sure to use high-quality pecans for the best flavor. Toasting the pecans before adding them to the filling will bring out their natural nuttiness and enhance the overall taste of the tassies.
- Get the filling consistency just right: The filling of pecan tassies should be thick and gooey, but not overly runny. To achieve the perfect consistency, be sure to follow the recipe measurements precisely and avoid overmixing the filling ingredients.
- Balance the sweetness: Pecan tassies are sweet treats, but it’s important to strike the right balance of sweetness. Adjust the amount of sugar in the filling according to your personal preference, and consider adding a pinch of salt to enhance the flavors and cut through the sweetness.
Advice On Storage And Serving Suggestions
Proper storage and serving can make a significant difference in maintaining the quality and taste of your pecan tassies. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Storage: Store your pecan tassies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days to maintain freshness. If you plan to keep them for longer, store them in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Serving suggestions: Pecan tassies can be enjoyed as a delicious standalone treat, but they also pair well with a variety of other desserts. Consider serving them alongside a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of freshly whipped cream for an extra indulgence. For a creative twist, crumble a pecan tassie over a bowl of warm oatmeal or yogurt for a delightful breakfast treat.
By following these tips and tricks for perfect pecan tassies, you’ll be able to impress your family and friends with these delectable and bite-sized treats. Whether you’re making them for a holiday gathering or simply craving a sweet treat, pecan tassies are sure to satisfy your dessert cravings.
Variations And Serving Ideas For Pecan Tassies
Looking to add a twist to the classic pecan tassie recipe? Explore different variations of this delectable treat by incorporating additional ingredients like chocolate or other nuts. Whether you’re craving a sweeter flavor profile or simply want to experiment with textures, these variations are sure to satisfy your taste buds.
1. Adding Chocolate
Indulge your chocolate cravings by incorporating this rich ingredient into your pecan tassies. Simply chop up some semi-sweet or dark chocolate and mix it in with the pecan filling. The combination of the gooey chocolate and crunchy pecans will create an irresistible flavor sensation. You can also drizzle melted chocolate on top of the tassies or sprinkle some chocolate shavings for an extra touch of decadence.
2. Exploring Other Nuts
If pecans aren’t your favorite nut, feel free to experiment with different varieties to create a unique flavor profile. Try substituting walnuts, almonds, or even hazelnuts in place of pecans for a delightful twist. You can either use a single nut or mix and match different types to create a medley of flavors and textures. Don’t be afraid to get creative and discover your own signature pecan tassie recipe!
Pecan tassies are incredibly versatile and can be served as a delightful dessert or a crowd-pleasing party snack. Here are some ideas for serving these bite-sized treats:
1. Dessert Platter
Arrange your pecan tassies on a decorative platter or dessert tray to create an eye-catching display. These mini tarts make a perfect addition to any dessert table, allowing guests to indulge in a bite-sized treat after a satisfying meal. Serve them alongside other desserts like cookies, brownies, or fruit tarts for a varied and decadent dessert spread.
2. Afternoon Tea Or Coffee Companion
Enjoy a leisurely afternoon tea or coffee break by pairing your hot beverage with a couple of pecan tassies. The buttery crust of the tassies complements the rich flavors of coffee or tea perfectly, providing a delightful balance of sweetness and warmth. These bite-sized treats are a great alternative to traditional biscuits or scones.
3. Party Snack
Looking for a crowd-pleasing appetizer for your next gathering? Pecan tassies are the answer! These bite-sized treats are not only delicious but also easy to handle and enjoy while socializing. Serve them as a delightful and unexpected finger food option at parties, holiday gatherings, or potlucks. Your guests will love the combination of the buttery crust, sweet pecan filling, and crunchy texture.
Whether you choose to experiment with different variations or serve them in various settings, pecan tassies are sure to be a hit. Their bite-sized nature makes them a delightful treat for any occasion. So why not whip up a batch of these delectable tarts and indulge in the sweet and nutty goodness?
Frequently Asked Questions For Old Fashioned Pecan Tassie Recipe
Where Did Pecan Tassies Originate?
Pecan tassies originated in Scotland and are mini tarts or pies filled with delicious ingredients like pecans.
What Is A Tassie?
A Tassie is a small tart or pie, typically filled with something delicious like pecans or chocolate. It is a miniature cup of dough that originated from Scotland and is popular in baking as a sweet treat.
Why Is My Karo Pecan Pie Runny?
If your Karo pecan pie is runny, it is likely due to underbaking. Be sure to bake it for the recommended time to ensure a firmer texture.
How Many Calories In A Pecan Tassie?
A pecan Tassie contains approximately [X amount of calories]. It is a delicious and easy-to-make treat.
This old-fashioned pecan tassie recipe is a delightful treat that brings together the rich flavors of pecans and a buttery crust. With its easy-to-follow instructions and simple ingredients, it’s a recipe that anyone can enjoy. Whether you’re baking for yourself or sharing with others, these mini pecan pies are sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
So why not give this classic recipe a try and savor the deliciousness of these pecan tassies?
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases