As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
For quick and delicious recipes using canned black-eyed peas, try making a flavorful Hoppin’ John Soup, a tasty Black-Eyed Pea Dip, or a hearty Black-Eyed Pea Gumbo. These recipes are easy to prepare and perfect for adding some Southern flair to your meals.
Whether you’re a vegetarian or prefer to include ham or smoked turkey, there are plenty of options to suit your taste. Canned black-eyed peas are a versatile ingredient that can be used in soups, stews, casseroles, and more. They cook quickly, making them a great choice for when you’re short on time.
So grab a can of black-eyed peas and get ready to whip up some delicious dishes.
Quick And Easy Canned Black Eyed Peas Recipes
Looking for quick and easy recipes using canned black eyed peas? You’ve come to the right place! Canned black eyed peas are a versatile and convenient ingredient that can be used to create delicious and nutritious dishes in no time. Whether you’re looking for a refreshing salad, a hearty stew, or a comforting one-pot meal, these recipes have got you covered. Let’s dive in and explore these quick and easy recipes using canned black eyed peas.
5-minute Black Eyed Peas Salad
- Ingredients: Canned black eyed peas, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, feta cheese, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper
- Preparation: Chop vegetables, mix with black eyed peas, toss with dressing, season with salt and pepper
- Serving suggestion: Serve chilled as a side dish or main course
One-pot Black Eyed Peas And Rice
- Ingredients: Canned black eyed peas, white rice, onion, garlic, bell pepper, tomato sauce, vegetable broth, cumin, paprika, salt, pepper
- Preparation: Sauté onion, garlic, and bell pepper, add rice, black eyed peas, tomato sauce, broth, and spices, simmer until rice is cooked
- Serving suggestion: Serve hot as a hearty and filling meal
Black Eyed Peas And Sausage Stew
- Ingredients: Canned black eyed peas, sausage, onion, garlic, celery, carrots, canned diced tomatoes, chicken broth, bay leaves, thyme, salt, pepper
- Preparation: Sauté sausage, onion, garlic, celery, and carrots, add black eyed peas, tomatoes, broth, and spices, simmer until flavors meld together
- Serving suggestion: Serve warm with crusty bread for a comforting and flavorful stew
Creative Ways To Use Canned Black Eyed Peas
Discover creative ways to use canned black-eyed peas in your recipes! From flavorful soups and stews to delicious dips and casseroles, these versatile legumes are perfect for quick and easy meals. Say goodbye to boring canned peas and elevate your dishes with these exciting ideas.
Looking for creative and delicious ways to use canned black eyed peas? We’ve got you covered! These versatile legumes are not only nutritious but also incredibly versatile in the kitchen. From dips to fritters, there are endless possibilities to transform canned black eyed peas into mouthwatering dishes.
Black Eyed Peas Hummus
If you love traditional hummus but want to switch up the flavors, try making black eyed peas hummus. Here’s a simple recipe to get you started:
||Serve as a dip with vegetables or pita bread.|
Black Eyed Peas Fritters
Want a tasty appetizer or side dish? Try making black eyed peas fritters! These crispy and flavorful patties are sure to please. Here’s a recipe to help you get started:
||Serve as a crispy and flavorful appetizer or side dish.|
These are just a few creative ways to use canned black eyed peas. Feel free to experiment with different ingredients and flavors to create your own unique recipes. Whether you’re hosting a party or simply looking for a nutritious snack, canned black eyed peas are a versatile ingredient that can be easily transformed into delicious dishes. Give these recipes a try and discover a new favorite!
Tips For Enhancing Canned Black Eyed Peas
Enhance the flavors of canned black eyed peas with these simple tips. Add spices like smoked paprika, red pepper, and garlic powder, or mix in vegetables like bell peppers and onions for extra taste and texture. Transform a basic recipe into a delicious and satisfying meal.
When it comes to preparing a quick and delicious meal, canned black eyed peas are a pantry staple that can save the day. Not only are they convenient to use, but they are also packed with essential nutrients and a great source of fiber. However, if you want to take your canned black eyed peas to the next level and enhance their flavor, here are a few tips and recipes to try.
Adding Smokiness With Bacon
Bacon is a classic ingredient that can add a rich and smoky flavor to your canned black eyed peas. Here’s how to do it:
- Canned black eyed peas
- Chicken broth
- Smoked paprika
- Cook the bacon until crispy, then remove it from the pan and set it aside.
- In the same pan with the bacon grease, sauté the onion and garlic until they are fragrant and translucent.
- Add the canned black eyed peas, chicken broth, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper to the pan.
- Simmer the mixture for about 10 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together and the black eyed peas to become tender.
- Crumble the cooked bacon and stir it into the black eyed peas for an added layer of smokiness.
This smoky and savory dish can be enjoyed on its own as a comforting meal or served as a side dish to complement your main course. The combination of the bacon, onion, and garlic infuses the black eyed peas with a depth of flavor that will have everyone asking for seconds.
Adding Freshness With Herbs And Citrus
If you’re looking for a lighter and more refreshing twist on canned black eyed peas, try adding some herbs and citrus. Here’s how:
- Canned black eyed peas
- Lemon zest
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Chop the parsley and mint into fine pieces.
- In a bowl, mix the canned black eyed peas with the chopped herbs, lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Stir everything together until well combined.
This refreshing and light dish can be served as a salad on its own or as a side to accompany grilled meats or fish. The combination of the fresh herbs, tangy citrus, and the creamy texture of the black eyed peas creates a delightful and vibrant flavor profile that will brighten up any meal.
With these simple tips and recipes, you can easily enhance your canned black eyed peas and turn them into a delicious and satisfying dish. Whether you’re craving smoky and savory flavors or a burst of freshness, these variations will elevate your meal and leave you wanting more.
Frequently Asked Questions For Canned Black Eyed Peas Recipes
How To Make Good Black Eyed Peas Out Of A Can?
To make good black eyed peas out of a can, simply drain and rinse the peas. In a pot, sauté onions and garlic in olive oil. Add the peas, along with some vegetable or chicken broth, and your choice of seasonings like salt, pepper, and smoked paprika.
Simmer for about 10-15 minutes until heated through. Enjoy!
What Is The Best Canned Black Eyed Peas?
The best canned black eyed peas include Glory Foods Seasoned Southern, Margaret Holmes Seasoned, Luck’s Blackeye Peas, Trappey’s Blackeye Peas, and Sylvia’s Black Eye Peas. They are great for quick and easy meals.
What Can I Do With A Jar Of Black Eyed Peas?
You can use a jar of black eyed peas to make soups, stews, and casseroles. They cook quickly and are perfect for when you’re short on time. However, freezing them may result in a mealy texture. Make sure to add them to your favorite recipes for a delicious and nutritious meal.
Should I Add Baking Soda To Black Eyed Peas?
Yes, you can add baking soda to black-eyed peas. It helps soften the beans and reduce cooking time. Add it once the vegetables are cooked and let it simmer for about an hour until the beans are soft. The baking soda will cause some foaming, but that’s normal.
These canned black-eyed peas recipes offer quick and delicious meal options that are perfect for any occasion. Whether you prefer a classic Southern-style dish or a more creative twist, there is a recipe for everyone to enjoy. With the convenience of using canned peas, you can whip up a satisfying meal without spending hours in the kitchen.
So grab a can of black-eyed peas and get cooking!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases